Child Injury in Minnesota? Help Getting Compensation You Need
When your child experiences a serious injury due to another’s negligence, it is traumatic for all involved. Beyond the immediate necessity of making sure they receive the medical care they need, there is the stress involved in taking time off from school and work and how to pay for the high cost of treatment.
During this difficult time, it is likely that the last thing on your mind is engaging in the daunting task of finding a well-established child injury attorney. However, if you want your child to get the compensation they need and deserve to fully recover – and hold the responsible parties accountable so that other children are not harmed in the same way – doing so is vital.
At Olson, Poole & Envall, P.A., we know that injuries involving minors are handled differently from other types of personal injuries. When the plaintiff is under the age of 18, certain Minnesota Statutes must be followed. Our attorneys know that child injury cases require a thorough knowledge of MN law, and we will ensure your child’s rights are protected.
When your child is injured, your first priority is to comfort them – our first priority is to fight for your child’s case and ensure your family is appropriately compensated. Before you file a claim, make sure you have a law firm on your side that is aware of the unique challenges that can arise when a child is involved in an injury.
A Minnesota Injury Law Firm That Will Protect Your Child’s Rights
When a life-threatening situation occurs, it is important to know your child’s rights. Many insurance companies will initially try to settle with a lowball offer. It can be very tempting to take a lump sum in exchange for moving past the whole incident, but do not be easily swayed. In most cases, your child deserves more than what insurers will offer.
Do not accept these offers prior to consulting with our legal team. It is important that your child’s rights are protected and that they are compensated for their pain and grief. Insurance companies do not have your child’s interest at hand. Our child injury lawyers will fight for what your child deserves and will never settle for less.
Moreover, our team will mitigate and remove any anxiety your family would endure by dealing with external parties. Your family is dealing with enough. How medical bills will be paid for and dealing with cash flow should not be one of them
Types of MN Child Injuries Olson, Poole, and Envall Can Help With
As a parent or guardian, you can be assured that our legal team is experienced in a wide range of child injury cases. We will have your child’s interest at hand. If your child experiences any of the following, contact our offices immediately. It is important that you receive legal advice before you sign off your rights to an insurance company or a third-party contract.
- Sexual abuse has devastating lifelong effects on a victim. You and your family can focus on recovering from this traumatic situation. Our team will assume the responsibility for pursuing legal action to bring your child justice.
- Car accidents are traumatic events that can result in physical pain, requiring extensive physical therapy. In the wake of an accident, contact our experienced legal team.
- Daycare and preschools are places where injuries can occur due to negligence. In many cases, these facilities can be understaffed, resulting in a lack of supervision. Physical abuse, burns, and playground injuries are just a few situations that can occur if a facility is negligent.
- When a wrongful death occurs, our attorneys are prepared to represent the family affected by this tragedy. Our attorneys will pursue these difficult cases and handle all the legal aspects. We understand that your family is going through sudden grief and shock caused by the negligence of someone else.
- Dog bites are very painful injuries that require extensive medical care. Over fifty percent of dog bites occur to the face. These injuries may require reconstructive plastic surgery and speech therapy. Our attorneys will ensure your child is adequately compensated for the injuries they have sustained.
There are many other ways that your child can suffer from an injury. Our legal team has years of experience in a variety of legal backgrounds. With this combined knowledge we have the ability to guide your family through this difficult time. We will give your case the attention it deserves.
Minnesota Parents: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
When a child suffers an injury, there are many rules a parent needs to be aware of. Minnesota’s statute of limitation varies depending on the injury. Our team will help you and your family navigate the intricacies pertaining to your case.
How does the disbursement of settlement money occur?
- The parent is legally responsible for costly medical bills. Our attorneys will be fighting for your child’s rights and we will make sure the parent or guardian is reimbursed for any medical bills.
- Once the case is settled, the court must approve all disbursements. This law is in place to protect the minor’s rights. Once medical bills are paid for, the remaining funds will be placed in a court-appointed account. Typically, they are placed in an interest-bearing account or a Certificate of Deposit (CD). The funds will then be accessible once the minor turns 18 or with a court order.
- Structured settlements can be agreed upon once the child turns 18 years old. The settlements can be a series of payments over time or a lump sum. There are added tax implications that should be discussed with our professional legal team. We can help you determine the best course of action for your child.
Our experienced attorneys will ensure the settlement process is followed according to MN law and is stress-free for your family. We will help you understand all your settlement options and the best legal course of action for your child.
Trust in us and know that our lawyers get results for our clients. If your child is injured in an accident, contact us as soon as possible. We are there in your child’s time of need.