Northern Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Lawyers

Getting injured on the job in Minnesota can be overwhelming and complicated. It’s important that if you’ve been injured at work, you get the care and treatment you need. At LaCourse, Poole & Envall, P.A., our experienced worker’s compensation lawyers located in Duluth have over 60 years of combined experience.

At LaCourse, Poole & Envall, P.A., we understand it’s difficult to ask for help when injured. Make no mistake, though, insurance companies are not looking out for your best interests. If you have been in an accident, our personal injury attorneys and workers’ compensation lawyers in Duluth, MN will fight for what’s fair. We’ve helped thousands of injured individuals that have been in your same shoes throughout Duluth, Virginia, Hibbing, Grand Rapids, Two Harbors, Grand Marais, and Cloquet. Our experienced team of injury lawyers.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who pays my medical bills in Minnesota if I’m injured in a car accident? Who pays for loss of wages due to injuries?

In Minnesota, your car insurance company should pay your medical bills no matter whose fault the accident is. If you do not have car insurance, you may be able to have your bills paid by another person’s insurance who was involved in the accident. Some special rules may apply to motorcyclists. Contact your insurance provider for further details.

What if my car insurance company won’t pay my medical bills or wage loss benefits?

If you are injured and the insurance company refuses to pay either your medical bills or wage loss benefits you should contact our personal lawyers in Duluth immediately. They can help determine if you can pursue your claim through arbitration, which is quicker and easier than a jury trial, or if it needs to go to trial. Knowing what you need is important because arbitration has dollar amount limitations where a jury trial does not.

How do I bring a personal injury claim against someone?

You need to contact an injury attorney who will provide the other party’s insurance company with the information it needs pertaining to the case. When the extent of the accident is assessed, you will then work with your attorney to reach a fair settlement for you. Most personal injury cases are settled before an actual lawsuit is filed.

What if I am injured by a drunk driver?

In Minnesota, you can bring a claim against any bar or establishment that may have made an “illegal sale” to the person who caused the accident. An “illegal sale” is, but not limited to, serving a minor or a person who is obviously over intoxicated. These kinds of claims are very time sensitive so it’s best to file them as soon as possible.

What if I was in a car accident and the person who caused it did not have insurance?

If the driver at fault did not have car insurance or is underinsured and cannot pay for your medical bills to treat your injuries, you may be able to file a claim for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist benefits through your own policy.

Do I have to go to an Independent Medical Examination scheduled by the insurance company with a doctor of their choosing?

Most likely, yes. The insurance company uses the report from the Independent Medical Examination to determine if they need to continue paying your medical bills and wage loss benefits.

If I am injured on someone else’s property, do I have a claim against them?

You can file a claim against the property owner if you are injured due to their negligence. These types of claims are very time sensitive so it’s important to contact your attorney as soon as possible.

Duluth Personal Injury Lawyers

If you’ve lived in Northern Minnesota for a long time, you understand that accidents in Duluth can happen in the blink of an eye. Whether you were in an auto accident, or slipped and fell on the ice, it is critical that you know your rights. Personal injuries in Duluth, MN can significantly impact your life and lead to emotional trauma, high medical bills, property damage, wage loss, or even unemployment. Don’t trust your insurance company to step up to bat for you. Minnesota insurance companies routinely try to resolve personal injury cases in a way that best benefits the company.

At LaCourse, Poole & Envall, P.A., our experienced team of personal injury lawyers in Duluth are here to help you with your claim. Put our years of experience in injury law to use. If you don’t collect, we earn nothing.